- 1 How do you make a LEGO robot follow a line?
- 2 What programming language does Lego Mindstorms use?
- 3 What is the difference between turn and spin in an EV3 programming?
- 4 Does a 360 degree turn make the robot turn completely around?
- 5 How do robots increase speed?
- 6 How can I make my gears go faster?
- 7 How do you make a Lego car faster?
- 8 How does the ev3 ultrasonic sensor work?
- 9 Why is Lego Mindstorms so expensive?
- 10 Which is better EV3 or NXT?
- 11 How much does a LEGO Mindstorm kit cost?
How do you make a LEGO robot follow a line?
LINE FOLLOWING IN LOOP
- Start the program.
- Start motors B and C (drive forward with a curve toward the line ).
- Wait for the Color Sensor to detect the color black.
- Start motors B and C (drive forward with a curve away from the line ).
- Wait for the Color Sensor to detect the color white.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 forever.
What programming language does Lego Mindstorms use?
Free. An Integrated development environment targeted towards students that is used to program and control LEGO NXT, VEX, RCX and Arduino robots using a programming language based on the C programming language.
What is the difference between turn and spin in an EV3 programming?
A Spin turn is when both wheels turn in opposite directions to spin the robot on the spot. The main difference between the two turns is that a pivot displaces the robot from its original position while a spin does not.
Does a 360 degree turn make the robot turn completely around?
360 degrees of rotation corresponds to one full turn of a motor. You can control the speed and direction of your robot using the Power Left and Power Right inputs.
How do robots increase speed?
Ideas to make robot go faster
- Power level. Another method to increase speed of robot is to make sure it’s motor is at the highest level possible.
- Gears. Use of gears can update the speed of the robot.
- Topic. Ideas to make robot go faster.
- Speed and Torque relationship.
How can I make my gears go faster?
Increase speed: If you connect two gears together and the first one has more teeth than the second one (generally that means it’s a bigger-sized wheel), the second one has to turn round much faster to keep up. So this arrangement means the second wheel turns faster than the first one but with less force.
How do you make a Lego car faster?
Clint gave us some top tips on how to increase the speed of your LEGO ® race car:
- Make it heavy!
- Make sure that your tires don’t rub against the side of your car!
- Larger LEGO ® wheels are generally faster than smaller LEGO ® wheels.
- If you can, use Technic axles and wheels instead of the clip-on wheels, they are faster!
How does the ev3 ultrasonic sensor work?
The digital EV3 Ultrasonic Sensor generates sound waves and reads their echoes to detect and measure distance from objects. It can also send single sound waves to work as sonar or listen for a sound wave that triggers the start of a program. Measures distances between one and 250 cm (one to 100 in.)
Why is Lego Mindstorms so expensive?
That’s a big development cost, because LEGO has a lot of proprietary components. The EV3 comes with quite a few electronic components— the programmable brick, 2 large motors, 1 smaller motor, infrared sensor, color sensor, touch sensor, remote control, 7 wires, and a USB cable. That adds a lot to the cost.
Which is better EV3 or NXT?
The main difference between the NXT system (the Programmable brick, motors and sensors) and the EV3 system is the brick itself. The EV3 brick features a more powerful processor, 4 motor ports (instead of 3), a micro SD card slot, a USB host port and a Linux operating system.
How much does a LEGO Mindstorm kit cost?
$599.95 & FREE Shipping.