- 1 How do I connect my vex V5 wireless controller?
- 2 How do you use the VEX IQ controller?
- 3 What is a VEX Cortex?
- 4 How do I download a code to my VEX controller?
- 5 How do I reset my vex battery?
- 6 How do I connect VEX IQ brain to computer?
- 7 What is Vex V5?
- 8 How do you reset a VEX controller?
- 9 How do you activate VEX IQ?
- 10 What is a VEX IQ brain?
- 11 How do I program my VEX IQ brain?
How do I connect my vex V5 wireless controller?
Connect a Smart Cable to one of the Smart Ports on the rear of the V5 Controller and to any Smart Port on the V5 Robot Brain. Power on the brain. The controller should automatically turn on when the brain is powered on and they are connected via a Smart Cable. Wait for the devices to indicate they are connected.
How do you use the VEX IQ controller?
Adding a Controller To configure a Controller, select the Devices button to open the Devices window. Select “Add a device.” Select ” Controller “. If you want to program the Controller using VEXcode IQ, select “Done” to complete the configuration or “Cancel” to return back to the Devices menu.
What is a VEX Cortex?
The VEX Cortex Microcontroller coordinates the flow of all information and power on the robot. It has built in bi-directional communication for wireless driving, debugging and downloading using the state of the art VEXnet 802.11 wireless link. The Microcontroller is the brain of every VEX robot.
How do I download a code to my VEX controller?
First, restart the VEX Micro Controller. Then, go to the Robot menu and choose either the Download Program or Compile and Download Program command. 2b. Compile and Download Select Robot > Download Program or Compile and Download Program to download the Motor Port 3 Forward program to the VEX Micro Controller.
How do I reset my vex battery?
So far the reset button on the battery seems to fix most of the issues.
- Press reset button with a paperclip.
- Connect battery to wall outlet using the charger.
- Wait until the lights on the battery turn green.
How do I connect VEX IQ brain to computer?
- Step 1: Connect the V5 Battery to the V5 Brain. Connect the V5 Brain to the V5 Battery using the battery cable.
- Step 2: Connect the Micro-USB cable to the V5 Brain.
- Step 3: Connect the Micro-USB Cable to a Device.
- Step 4: Confirm a successful connection.
What is Vex V5?
VEX V5 represents our fifth generation of education robotics systems developed with 20 years of experience using robotics to teach STEM principles. VEX allows students to hone critical computational thinking skills needed to succeed in both the 21st century’s workforce and in everyday life.
How do you reset a VEX controller?
Resetting the V5 Controller
- You will need a long, thin tool. A hex key, a VEX shaft, or even a paper clip can work.
- The reset button is a white button that is located at the bottom of the hole closest to the center of the controller.
- Use the tool from the first step to press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds.
How do you activate VEX IQ?
Turn on the Brain by pressing the Check button on the Brain. Turn the Brain off by holding the X button until the screen on the Brain goes black.
What is a VEX IQ brain?
The VEX IQ Robot Brain is a revolution in robot control systems. (12) identical Smart ports – connect any device to any port. Backlit LCD for simple operation. Built in programs make robot building fast and fun. Programmable with VEXcode Blocks.
How do I program my VEX IQ brain?
After powering on the Brain, highlight and press the Check button to select Driver Control. Highlight and press the Check button to Run the program. Use the Controller to move the robot. Click here to view the article on how to pair the Controller with the Brain.