- 1 What does the Double robot do?
- 2 How does telepresence robot work?
- 3 How much is a beam robot?
- 4 How do you charge a double robot?
- 5 How do you get rid of a double 3?
- 6 How do you make a robot telepresence?
- 7 What are the benefits of telepresence robots for a company?
- 8 Is telepresence the same as video conferencing?
- 9 How do telepresence robots differ from traditional video conferencing?
- 10 What is telepresence in VR?
- 11 What is beam pro?
What does the Double robot do?
Double is your robotic double. It’s an iPad-based telepresence robot that lets you drive around, interact with people, and attend meetings remotely, using your iPad, iPhone, or computer.
How does telepresence robot work?
A telepresence robot is a remote-controlled, wheeled device that has wireless internet connectivity. Typically, the robot uses a tablet to provide video and audio capabilities. TelePresence robots are commonly used to stand in for tour guides, night watchmen, factory inspectors and healthcare consultants.
How much is a beam robot?
Currently, there are a few versions of Beam on the market: the two main categories are a smaller robot that is priced around $2,000-$4,000, and a larger Beam Pro that sells for around $15,000 per machine.
How do you charge a double robot?
To charge your Double, simply plug in the brick charger that comes with your Double (looks like a laptop charger ) into the back of your robot. A orange light on the front of the Double indicates that the Double is charging. Once it has finished, it will turn solid green.
How do you get rid of a double 3?
3. When Double has reached a full charge, the LED will turn green. Note: While you don’t normally need to turn Double off, you can do so by holding the power button until the LED turns off (about 3 seconds).
How do you make a robot telepresence?
How to Build a Telepresence Robot
- Here are instructions for making your own DIY telepresence robot on the cheap.
- Start by creating the basic platform to serve as the base of the robot.
- Once the platform is ready, add a motorized selfie stick to serve as the repositionable camera mount.
What are the benefits of telepresence robots for a company?
Telepresence robot decreases corporate travel costs, It reduces the fatigue occasioned by long journeys for work, It makes telework easier, It reduces CO2 emissions, It allows the people unavoidably elsewhere to be virtually present at meetings/in the office and it offers lots of future potentials, The use of
Is telepresence the same as video conferencing?
Telepresence has historically been considered a more advanced version of video conferencing that uses superior technology to allow meeting participants to stream high-quality audio and video.
How do telepresence robots differ from traditional video conferencing?
To summarize, older video conferencing devices provided SD video resulting in lower-resolution, lower-quality video feed, while telepresence provides HD streams for crisp, clear video and a smooth, real-life presentation.
What is telepresence in VR?
Virtual presence ( virtual reality ) Telepresence refers to a user interacting with another live, real place, and is distinct from virtual presence, where the user is given the impression of being in a simulated environment. a computer in the case of immersive virtual reality.
What is beam pro?
BeamPro is a service that allows users to interact with remote locations by coupling high-end video and audio with the freedom of motion to move about a space.