- 1 How does a data collector connect to a total station?
- 2 What is a Trimble total station?
- 3 How does a Trimble total station work?
- 4 Who is data collector?
- 5 What is a data collector surveying?
- 6 What is station setup?
- 7 How do you enter coordinates in a total station?
- 8 How do you calibrate Trimble total station?
- 9 Which total station is best?
- 10 How accurate is a total station?
- 11 How do you run a Trimble?
- 12 What are the disadvantages of total station?
- 13 Which is the total station with latest technology?
- 14 What is Trimble layout?
How does a data collector connect to a total station?
The data collector will search for your total station. Once it appears, highlight the total station and tap “ Connect ”. 27) Enter “90” into Benchmark Pt box by picking from list icon or typing it in.
What is a Trimble total station?
The TrimbleSX10 is the world’s first scanning total station that truly merges high‑speed 3D scanning, enhanced Trimble VISION imaging and high‑accuracy total station measurements in a single instrument.
How does a Trimble total station work?
At the heart of the Trimble SX10 are fully integrated 3D scanning capabilities. Trimble’s Lightning technology allows the Trimble SX10 to measure dense 3D scan data at high speeds while maintaining high precision over the full measurement range.
Who is data collector?
The data collector is the application that collects and delivers the metadata that is analyzed and presented in the GUI. The data collector is a light-weight application that is installed on a server in your data center.
What is a data collector surveying?
A surveying data collector is an “electronic field book” that records and calculates points in the field. It works with GPS receivers, robotic and manual total stations, and digital levels.
What is station setup?
In a conventional survey, you must complete a station setup to orientate the instrument. You must have a current station setup before you can use the Turn to or Joystick functions to turn a servo or robotic instrument.
How do you enter coordinates in a total station?
1) After setting up the instrument on a known station turn the instrument on and go into coordinate measurement mode. 2) Select Occ. Orientation (Occupied Station Orientation) and enter the Northing (No), Easting (Eo) and Elevation (Zo) of the occupied point.
How do you calibrate Trimble total station?
Trimble recommends that you calibrate the compensator periodically, especially before you take precise measurements.
- Select Compensator calibration.
- Tap Next. The instrument slowly rotates through 360°. When the calibration is complete, a success message appears.
- Tap OK.
Which total station is best?
Topcon/Sokkia Total Stations – A staple in the construction industry. Leica Total Stations – Known for their robotics, tracking, and GNSS systems. Spectra/Nikon – A solid option that is an excellent best bang for your buck.
How accurate is a total station?
A typical total station can measure distances up to 1,500 meters (4,900 ft) with an accuracy of about 1.5 millimeters (0.059 in) ± 2 parts per million.
How do you run a Trimble?
To run Trimble Installation Manager on the controller, tap the Search icon in the Windows task bar and enter Install. Tap Trimble Installation Manager in the search results to open the Trimble Installation Manager. In the Version field either select Latest release – 2018.00, or 2018.00 and tap Install.
What are the disadvantages of total station?
Disadvantages Of Total Station:
- The instrument is costlier than other conventional surveying instruments.
- It might be troublesome for the surveyor to investigate and check the work when surveying.
- Working with the total station is not so easy, as more skilled surveyors are required to conduct a total station survey.
Which is the total station with latest technology?
Topcon Positioning Systems has released two new reflectorless total station series featuring unique new technology allowing surveying to be carried out quickly and accurately with one of the fastest electronic distance measurement (EDM) rates on the market.
What is Trimble layout?
Trimble FieldLink Office is a simple digital field layout tool that helps teams improve the accuracy and efficiency of data preparation and analysis in the field.